Thursday, December 08, 2005

Reason #4 Not To Fear Arabs


This afternoon I came across this photo of a family of sultans exhibiting their falcons. I'm trying to flush a story assignment out of Qatar. How exciting is falconry? Is it more exciting than waterskiing or fishing? It's hard to judge by looking at these sultans. I think they are proud of their birds. Very proud indeed. And a little tired too. Still undecided about whether this would make for a diverting read. Unless, of course, the falcons were to come hunt me. Hmmmmm...

3 Comments:

Blogger Kizz said...

Is this to be the vetting process for all future story ideas?

"Can I be maimed and/or killed in front of a crowd?"
"Yes"
"It's in!"

1:21 PM  
Blogger Kizz said...

Despite the promise of a transit strike I am at work. I am bored. I crave content.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there such a thing as fighter falcons? I'd read that story. I was once offered a fighting cock for sex. I opted to fight the cock and decline the sex. But a falcon is much more convincing currency than a rooster. Why is that?

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home