Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Friday, I'm getting a reheading

Despite the numerous unanswered sponsor questions and the annoying foot dragging of one Sat C company, I'm finally booked to fly to Lisbon to meet up with Polarity on Friday. The added week plus of fundraising stasis here in Barcelona has eaten through my cash reserves. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to unravel a long list of tech issues that, frankly (and don't tell anyone), I only sort of understand: tech sponsors for a battery management system, for VHF handhelds and an upgraded SSB, spare autopilots, a rig reheading, more nav equipment from Garmin and Silva. I'm also attempting to wrangle a free stability survey for the boat after we reach Cherbourg. i spoke with a Sir Ian Collett, of Ward & MacKenzie in London about this. He is a knight. When I said, "Cool," about a scheduling accomodation, he said, "Wot?" finally, I'm still and always after cash sponsors to help out with the millions of sundried, from a new genoa and assym to food, so that we don't end up eating French dirt and bread scraps for the month of October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home